Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

This Week's Menu

Me and my kiddo!
I thought I would post my menu for the week with links to some of the recipes I'll be using. Menus are sometimes tough for me to put together but they are so helpful! Sometimes taking the time to plan them out helps me remember recipes I've used in the past that we really liked but maybe forgot about or just haven't used in a while. Anyway, menus are also helpful because when I'm having a lazy week I can just use one that proved successful in the past. Tee hee!

Here goes:
Meatless Monday
B- Fruit & Chocolate Smoothie: Blend together 1 ripe Banana, 1 c Strawberries, 1 clementine, 1/2 c Almond Milk, 1/2 c ice water, 1 Tbsp ground flax, 1 tsp Dark Chocolate & Dutch process cocoa blend. You can really substitute any fruits or any kind of milk. This is just what I'm drinking this week.
L- Chickpea Sandwiches, probably with Sandwich Thins and spinach, & cucumbers with hummus
D- Massaged Kale Salad & Broccoli, Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes

Tuesday
B- Oatmeal with Bananas & Honey
L- Left over Kale Salad & Spicy Black Bean Burger Sandwich with spinach & peppers
D- Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Turkey Chili (I have a Jaime Oliver recipe that I base my chili on but I can't seem to find it online. I'll have to write a post about it because it's super easy and, of course, yummy!)

Wednesday
B- Whole Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter & Banana Slices
L- Broccoli Slaw & Kale Salad with left over Turkey Chili
D- Baked Mahi (From Costco) with Garlic Brown Rice & Quinoa (also from Costco) and Roasted Green Beans - toss green beans with olive oil, S & P, place on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in a preheated to 400 degrees oven for about 15 minutes. Nutty and delish!

Thursday
B- Fruit & Chocolate Smoothie
L- Chickpea Sandwiches, peppers, carrots, Dill & Herb Yogurt dip from Costco
D- We eat dinner at my parent's house on Thursdays. Yay! Thanks mom!

Friday (Josh is home on Fridays so we usually have more of a weekend menu)
B- We tried these Whole Wheat Apple Blender Pancakes last week and they didn't quite cook up right so I'll probably try them again because the taste was right on! Or I'll make my Buttermilk Pancakes that are so stinking good even my parents couldn't tell they were healthy.
L- Roasted Cauliflower and Leek Soup & some sort of sandwich or salad (Let's not kid it'll probably be grilled cheese because, well, it's the weekend!)
D- BBQ Chicken Pizza & Salad - We love to make our own pizza! We have a few secrets which I will definitely share sometime.

Saturday is a left overs day and we usually go out for lunch or dinner at least once on the weekends so I don't really plan it out. I will take pictures of whatever we come up with though to be shared in the future.

Sundays breakfast is a rush and usually whatever we can get to quickly. For example this morning Josh had peanut butter toast, Jeremiah had Honey Nut Cheerios, and I had a smoothie. We eat lunch at my parents house, which could be anything from roast beef and mashed potatoes to spaghetti! And dinner is whatever we can come up with... my next post will be what we had for dinner tonight. Delicious Chilaquiles! Mwah ha ha!

Well that about sums it up. I really don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but I will sure know where to find my recipes this week! Way to go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment